Effective April 11, 2017
We at Attach + Wander value the privacy of all our guests and friends. That’s why we’ll attempt to provide a detailed description on what/how we use any information we receive.
Oh—and before we go any further—we’ll just let everyone know right off the bat that we comply with current Canadian privacy legislation.
1) What kind of information do we collect?
There are two different types of information that we may collect: personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”) and non-personally identifiable information (“Non-Personal Information”).
This might sound complicated, but it’s fairly straightforward.
a. Personal Information
As a blog and through our social channels, people come visit, look at pictures, leave comments, and hopefully get inspired! As a result of these exchanges, some personal information can be collected—which is usually voluntarily given. Things like:
- your name
- contact information (social profile, phone number, e-mail address, etc.)
- credit card information (when our store is up and running)
We take this information very seriously and only use it to facilitate interactions or transactions (ie. to keep you in the loop if you opt-in or to accept payment and send you that product you ordered).
b. Non-Personal Information
Through your interactions with us, our website and analytics platforms, and through our advertising partners, we may collect information that cannot be used to identify who you are. This type of information that may be collected are things like:
- IP address you are using
- the operating system you are using
- type of browser software you are using
- date and time you access our Services
- the website address, if any, that linked you to Attach + Wander
- search engine search terms and advertising clicks/actions
- other non-personally identifiable traffic data
2) How do we collect information?
We collect this information in a few different ways.
When you provide us with information in making a purchase.
Fairly straightforward. When we set up a store and you make a purchase, we receive personal information.
When you sign up to our e-mail list.
If you sign up to receive updates, we end up with a bit of your personal information. With your permission, we send you special communications and you can decide to opt-out at any point.
When you communicate with us.
When you reach out by e-mail, social media or by hand delivered letter, we may keep those for our records.
Information we automatically collect.
Like most websites, our services may incorporate fancy things like “pixel tags” and “cookies” which allow us to track actions and serve you information about our products and services. All of these collect Non-Personal Information.
3) How is the information used?
Personal Information could be used to:
- make our transactions possible
- contact you when necessary
- respond to comments, questions or concerns
- provide you with additional information
- provide you with recommendations
- send you information and marketing materials about Viamede
- for other internal business and blogging related purposes
4) What about Non-Personal Information?
From time to time, we may use third-party advertising companies to serve you ads when you visit our website. They may use Non-Personal Information about your visits to this and other websites to provide ads about goods and services that are of interest to you. If you would like more information about this wizardry or to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies you can look here.
Considering Joshua is a bit of an advertising nerd, this shouldn’t be too surprising.
5) What else?
We want to make sure you enjoy your time with us and that your information is protected. Personal Information will only be used or shared when necessary and we would never sell you out by giving your information to third parties without good reason.
If you have any questions, feel free to reach out.